Part-time 20 hours per week; Non-Exempt; Salary Dependent on Experience
The Gallery Associate assists the CCA Team in the operations of CCA as a leading cultural institution in Northern New Mexico through public engagement, customer service, and gallery operations. This position participates in sales for admission, membership, and merchandise during regular gallery open hours and special events. In addition, diverse skill sets related to nonprofit arts organizations are desired. This position provides a unique opportunity for employment at a premier Santa Fe cultural institution. The ideal candidate will be an innately curious and energetic self-starter with proven success in completing projects both independently and as part of a team. A degree in Art History, Art Business, or an arts-related field is preferred. The successful candidate for CCA Gallery Associate will enjoy room for growth in their role, with the potential to participate in the developing exhibitions and the gallery’s programs. This position reports to the Gallery Manager.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provides gregarious and enthusiastic welcome to all guests, in person and on the phone
- Keep abreast of CCA gallery and cinema programming to provide customers with up-to-date information.
- Ensures that all gallery visitors are welcomed and informed about exhibitions, curatorial themes and programming.
- Interfaces with gallery visitors, handles all sales, and conducts daily cashier duties.
- Responds to in-person, telephone and online inquiries.
- Develops and maintains inventory records for sales items such as books and other materials.
- Tracks data such as attendance, zip codes, etc. as requested.
- Assists and facilitates communication with the public for artist’s events, special programming, symposia and other CCA gallery programming.
- Leads tours when necessary
- Promotes rentals of gallery spaces
- Assists Gallery Manager as requested
- Adhering to COVID protocols
- Other duties as assigned
Installation, Shipping & Receiving, and Registration:
- Provides support for Registration processes: assist in coordinating various gallery processes including handling artwork and exhibition materials under supervision.
- Participates in artwork installations as requested
- Provides daily monitoring and maintainence of gallery space.
Graphic Design and Photography:
- Assists with and facilitates the creation of collateral material for documentation of exhibitions, lectures, gallery programming, wall labels and wall text.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- Highly flexible and adaptable, with the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-directed, well-organized, multi-tasker with the ability to operate with direction and also minimal supervision.
- A team player who can both take initiative and play a supportive role within the group.
- Ability to provide friendly, knowledgeable customer service.
- Willingness to work evening events and weekend days
- Must be able to lift 30+ pounds (in order to safely and confidently handle artwork)
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Art History or related discipline preferred.
- Previous gallery and/or arts experience preferred
- Business casual dress
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Adobe Photoshop, and Mac and Windows products.
- Familiarity and capacity with a variety of tools and materials
- Salary dependent on experience.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please send a cover letter and resume by clicking the button below.
Please be prepared to submit references and a writing sample at your interview.
Must be able to provide proof of covid vaccination.
No unsolicited phone calls, please.